I went back and looked into the activedir org archives and found the hotfix number, it is 812499 (http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=812499). It is included in SP4. We applied it quite a long time ago (I want to say over a year ago) and it works fine and apply it to every new server we spin up (well not the K3 ones...).

If you are going to slowly do SP4, you may want to see if you can get the hotfix itself.

  joe

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rimmerman, Russ
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 9:38 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Replication issues

I'm curious to verify if the password chaining thing was fixed in SP3 or SP4, as we are still experiencing that issue.  Some of our domain controllers are on SP3 and some are on SP4.  We set SP3 as a company-wide standard for Win2k, but some of our other divisions took it upon themselves to upgrade without telling us!  At any rate, that is exactly the problem we are seeing!