             ail.activedir.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [ActiveDir] ms04-011
             05/19/2004 10:55
             AM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                tivedir.org

tcp/ip settings are correct. lmhosts lookup is disabled.
i never had an issue with win98 clients till this week

the query switch for netdom, is that from support tools for win2k3, because
on a win2k machine i get "invalid argument"
thanks for your help
      -----Original Message-----
      From: deji Agba [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 10:49 AM
      To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] ms04-011

      For the first part of this question, look at the TCP/IP properties of
      the new client you are trying to join to the Domain. Make sure that
      "Enable LMHosts lookup" is unchecked, then make sure you are pointing
      at the correct INTERNAL DNS server ONLY (no ISP DNS in there), reboot
      the machine and re-attempt your join.

      For the Win98 problem, have you tried DSCLIENT?

http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/0/A/00A7161E-8DA8-4C44-B74E-469D769CE96E/dsclient9x.msi

      I know you said that you were sure that you successfully seized all
      the FSMO roles, but does your new DC think so? Have you tried "netdom
      /query FSMO" on the DC to see what it thinks?

      Sincerely,

      Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
      Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
      www.readymaids.com - we know IT