-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Glenn Corbett
Sent: Donnerstag, 10. Juni 2004 17:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Non DR migration of AD

All,

We are in the process of constructing a Lab to mimic the production AD
system as closely as possible.  Doing a full DR into this environment is
certainly an option, however we have been looking into simply migrating
the
AD "structure" and using this as a test bed to cleanup AD (OU's,
objects,
permissions, policies etc).

Is anyone aware of tools or procedures to get the major AD configuration
components into a lab using an approach that can be scripted / automated
?
(we may want to do this every few months or so). For example, we have
used
LDIFDE to extract the OU structure, users and groups and re-imported
these
into the test lab.  By and large this has worked very well (took some
tweaking of the LDIFDE commands to resolve some constraint violations
etc),
however items such as OU security and policies is causing a bit more of
headache.

Any thoughts ?

TIA

Glenn