From: Aaron Visser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 10:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Security

More Details
Win2k Servers 1 Root Server with another one for redundancy, 1 ISA Server, 1
Server for Teacher Data, 1 Server for Student Data
Win2003 Servers 1 for Office Staff

And the fun begins,
Well the biggest problem I am faced with is that the users (Students) ON the
network are constantly trying to break in or crash the Servers, They are
relentless somehow yesterday (I have no idea how) they had managed to add
accounts to the Domain Admin Group, the Schema Admins and the Enterprise
Admins. The accounts they have added have been removed but again today I
encountered two new instances of users being added to the Domain Admin
group. I am following  this as closely as I can checking the groups every 10
15 minutes but that becomes very tedious and a real pain in the ...so I was
wondering if I could be notified of such things happening rather than have
to find out the hard way. I did the GPO thing of Restricting Groups and I
restricted the mentioned groups but I am pretty sure I shouldn't have done
that as now all my Admin groups are Restricted(Domain Admins, Schema Admins,
Enterprise Admins) I just want to make it a few more weeks until the end of
the School year so I can rebuild the entire network with new servers etc.
,(I inherited it about a month ago).

Any help or insight or just thoughts on the whole situation is appreciated

Thanks to everyone,

Aaron Visser