From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Flesher
Sent: Montag, 14. Juni 2004 22:02
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] SID question

Can a SID be "copied" from one account to another between domains in the same forest? The scenario is this: account is migrated using ADMT from NT4 domain into child domain in 2003 forest. An account with the same username is going to be copied into the root from an external LDAP source. One of the higher ups here wants to have the account in the root domain be what the user uses. So, he wants to know if the SID can be "copied" from the account in the child OU, and then have the child OU account deleted. I'm thinking no, but I wanted to make sure before telling him that.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Flesher
The University of Chicago
NSIT/DCS