http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325379

From: Mike Hogenauer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 9:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] 2000 Domain to 2003 AD domain

So, I have 2 new servers running windows 2003 and I’m currently in a native 2000 AD domain. I’m planning on running DCPROMO on the 2003 servers and joining them as additional domain controllers to my existing domain then demoting my 2000 servers to remove them from the domain.

Does anyone see flaws in this approach? What about DNS? My 2 existing Domain controllers are running AD integrated DNS. Should I install DNS on the 2003 DC’s after promotion so they’re already integrated then remove it off the 2000 servers?

Thanks in advance for advice...

Mike