Title: AD, GPO and Technet
The story I got was that when Microsoft bought Visio, they took the developers responsible for this function and moved them to the MOM team.  The remaining Visio folks could no longer support the code after that and dropped it rather than have to deal with issues around it to concentrate on the core functions of the program.

Cheers

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael B. Smith
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 6:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] AD Mapping tools for Visio 2003

Care to share the short story?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bell, Stephen
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 9:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have Visio 2003, you can get the Microsoft Office Visio 2003 Resource Kit for IT Professionals.  Costs about 19.99, plus shipping/handling.

It includes LAN MapShot from Fluke...

In speaking with the Visio folks at TechED, I only had to say the word "network" and they were handing out cards with this written on it... and a short story about why this feature was taken out.

Steve