-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: Freitag, 9. Juli 2004 04:13
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Authoritative Restores

The page I know about at MS is

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ad/ad/c
hara
cteristics_of_attributes.asp

It tells you what the search flags are but doesn't talk about how to
update
the schema, but there are lots of other papers on doing that. It isn't
rocket science, just scary. :o)

Again, it is known that not all things will be retained even if you do
this.
What that list is, I don't think it is published unless Guido did a
comprehensive check and published it. This is one of those things that
MS
should publish but doesn't because there are probably only 3 people that
actually know and no one wants to piss those three off by making them
write
public docs. :o) So instead you will do it, find something that doesn't
work, complain to MS and the answer will come back, of course that
doesn't
work you silly... MS is big on the we can't tell you what you could do
wrong
but will let you know when we see it philosophy.

Anyway, the procedure to undelete the object can be found at

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840001

In the section called "How to manually undelete objects in a deleted
object's container". Of course it is a bit easier to use my command line
ADMOD tool to do the undelete and it will support undeleting masses of
objects just as easily as one object.