From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin Sullivan
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 3:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Joining Computers to a Domain

Edwin,

You can do this a couple of different ways. First off, by default there is an attribute on the domain level called ms-DC-MachineAccountQuota and the value is 10. This allows users to join 10 computers to the domain without additional permissions. You can change this value if you need to.

If you want to give specific users the ability to create machine accounts you can use Group Policy and give the Add workstations to domain right to the users in question. (Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\Add workstations to domain…)

This should do it. Also remember if the systems are pre-created in AD you will not need to go through this.

Kevin