Hi

In order to deploy user certificates (versus machine) you need to use a Win2k3 CA. It is not clear from your mail which type you need to deploy, user versus machine, so I just thought I would mention it.

steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Halonen Sami" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 1:29 AM
Subject: [ActiveDir] Deploying certificate using group policy

Greetings

This one certificate needed by a Cisco VPN client is giving me some hard
time. The certificate or client itself is not the problem, but the cert
is needed on a few hundred clients and I need to deploy it using group
policy. Now, I've deployed it just fine, but the only certificate store
I can put it in, is the "Trusted Root Certificate Authorities" and of
course, the only place the VPN client looks in, is "Personal". (GP
editor > Computer > Windows > Security > Public key policies)

The domain is W2k, DCs are W2k, clients are XP.

Is there a way to slip the certificate in different store or "folder"?

-Sami