In the lmhosts file did you:

  1. rename it to not have any extension
  2. use the #PRE and #DOM entries

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Hogenauer
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 8:06 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Trust Problems

So I have a 2 way external trust from a Windows 2000 forest to a Windows 2003 forest.

I’m in the process of migrating the 2000 forest to the 2003 forest because of a merger. I’m using NETIQ’s domain Migration administrator to help in the migration.

I’m running DNS and WINS and the WINS have the Push/pull setup between the 2 domains controllers in the 2 domains. Also I can ping both domain controllers and domain names. I also have the DNS set to forward to each other

Everything was working and I was able to copy over some test accounts and groups.

Today from the windows 2000 side I can verify the trust account.

From the Windows 2003 trusting side I keep getting “There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.”

I’ve used NETDOM to Query / Verify / and reset the Trust. I still get there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request every time from the 2003 Side.

I have rebooted both domain controlled and have added each domain and domain controllers in each servers Hosts and LMHOSTS files.

Any idea on where to go next would be great! I’m going to break and re-setup the Trust right now.

Thanks

Mike