-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kern, Tom
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 9:09 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: new job

I just got offered a position with a consulting company where I would be
consulting full time for a major financial corp in NYC as their
AD/Exchange guy.
I'm a little nervous and I was wondering if anyone here had experience
with big financial corps and IT.
Is it very different from doing IT for a "normal" company.

Their situation is that they outsourced all their Exchange/AD
infrastructure and now they want to take it back and have someone
support it full time.
As it stands, their relationship is not so hot with the outsourcing firm
which is reluctant to give them too much info.
In fact I don't think anyone there has Domain or Enterprise Admin access
as it stands.

Finally, the other thing that makes me nervous is, I'd be working
fulltime for the consulting firm(until after 3 months if the finanical
corp would want me to join them fulltime, I'd work for them).
In the consulting company "handbook" which clearly states is not legally
binding, the state in bold letters that they reserve the right to let
you go for any reason.
That kinda scares me.
Is that normal? Are they just covering their butt?
Thanks. My apologies for the way OT.