It shouldn't cause you a problem.  The reason is because they don't have the
same name other than the displayname.  Everything else should be different.

Al

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Christine Allen
Sent: Fri 7/29/2005 10:24 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Security Groups vs. Distribution Groups

We are running 2000 AD.  I have two groups named the same.  One group is a
security group and one is a distribution.  They are in different OU's.  Can
having a Management security group cause some type of  issue with a Management
Distribution group in ad?   The Management distirbution group will change to a
security group.  Could it be becase they have the same name?
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx