I'm starting a new job in a week as a AD/Exchange engineer(I posted about my
anxieties before on the list).
This company used to outsource all their AD/Exchange infrastructure and now
they want to take control of it.
As it stands, their relationship with the outsourcing firm is rocky.
While the DC's and Exchange server are physically in the company, no one has
Domain or Enterprise admin rights.
And no one, including me, is about to attempt elevation of privilges with all
the numerous ways to "hack" a DC when you have physical access.
That would be in poor taste.

My questions to the list are, if you were coming into such an enviorment, what
are the first things you would do and look for?
How much as a regular user can you glean of the AD/Exchange enviorment and what
would be your first steps?

Thanks very much.