A while ago I put some AD feature thoughts in a textfile not knowing
what to do with them at that moment

Here goes:

* Active Directory thoughts:
        * OU = security principal
        * Possibility to merge Forests
        * "Cut and paste" a domain from one forest to another
        * Domain concept:
                * Domain controller -> directory server (not specific to
a certain domain, but hosting naming contexts)
                * Password policies not only per domain but also per OU
                * Keep domain as a replication boundary but remove the
flat structure (prevent context login like NDS -> Aliases?)
                * Multiple replication boundaries (naming contexts) per
directory server
                * Remove domain as an entity. Forest is only entity
needed
        * Integrate file system and possible other resources into the
directory (e.g. search where security principals are used)
        * Permissioning TOP-DOWN and BOTTOM-UP (file system)
        * Delegation of Control: ability to dictate MEMBERS attribute
AND the MEMBEROF attribute (so the possibility exists to dictate which
users can be added to what groups)
        * Disabling sidhistory?
        * Loginscripts at container level
        * Using the new DFS-Replication mechanism in R2 for the SYSVOL

Just some thoughts. Interesting?

Cheers,
#JORGE#