-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rimmerman, Russ
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 11:17 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Merging two domains

We have an external domain that we will not be allow to set up a two way
trust with, not be allowed to migrate users from, etc.  Basically it's a
partial domain import from one domain to our current Win2k3 domain.

Getting access to the external domain is out of the question since the
external domain is not currently ours.  Part of it will become ours.

Are there any alternative ways to import or migrate users from an
external domain?  I understand SID history and all the nice things that
go along with it (profile migrations, etc) will not work.  What about
doing some type of an LDIFDE export and import?  Will that at least get
us the account creations?  What other alternatives are there to have the
least end-user impact when changing their domain?  Any documents out
there outlining this?

Thanks to all.

This e-mail is confidential, may contain proprietary information
of the Cooper Cameron Corporation and its operating Divisions
and may be confidential or privileged.

This e-mail should be read, copied, disseminated and/or used only
by the addressee. If you have received this message in error please
delete it, together with any attachments, from your system.