From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Steve Linehan
Sent: Sat 8/6/2005 10:02 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org; ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org;
ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org; ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org;
ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] concern about re-ip'd DC

Ok I see in your original message that you state you did try to move it via
sites and services, missed that.  When you did this what server was the Sites
and Services MMC focused on your DC or another DC in the domain?  Did the UI
update to show the server in the correct site after the move or did it simply
remain the same?  If you focus on another DC and make the change and then wait
for replication does the site get updated?  Is the server that you are trying
to move healthy from a replication standpoint?  The SiteName parameter was put
in the registry for troubleshooting and testing purposes and while it can be
used it can also cause confusion later if you decide to make another change as
that value always overrides.

Thanks,

-Steve