  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Almeida Pinto,
Jorge de
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 3:34 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] A bad bad thing...Manual push of AD?

You are both correct...

However, what Brett says (and what I thought) is use another DC will the use
still in full detail. Boot into DSRM Use NTDSUTIL and an AUTH restore so
that the version of the object is increased (by 100000) Because the version
of the user has been increased the deleted version of the user will be
undone. Only after restoring he should bring back the DC online. The
deletion will replicate out and the undeletion (the object with a higher
version) will replicate in.

If he brings the DC back online before doing an auth restore of the object,
the deletion will replicate to ther other DCs and then he will, as Brett
said, need do do a system state restore.

The procedure Brett described below and I above looks like the lag site
structure and in this with only one DC and someone who can run really

Jorge

  _____