-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Kern
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 7:56 PM
To: activedirectory
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] cloning DC's

I went back and i saw B. Shirley's remarks on cloning dc's.
I'm wondering if this applies to my senario below-
cloning a DC with Disk Image and  sysprep and creating new DC's that way?

Is this very very bad? is there an article or paper explaining why?
or anyone care to explain why.
or is this ok?

thanks. sorry to harp but these AD consultants from IBM want to go
this route tomorrow and I'm thinking its not a good idea for some
reason but I'd like to be sure before i bring it up.

Thanks again