-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven L Dunn
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 9:27 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: Question on WSUS implementation and GPO's...

Friends,

Our company is about to implement a WSUS server for patching and updates. I
am wondering if there is any way to allow for breaking the updates down into
groups (say by department) but using only a single GPO to do it?

For instance, we have our legal and executive departments using a separate
GPO, which would allow for them to get updates Tuesday @ 12:00 or Wednesday
@ 12:00, respectively. Our other departments are set up along similar lines,
with 5 GPO's in all active.

What I'm seeing is a general "slowdown" in login processing time (from sign
in to desktop appearing) due ...I'm guessing, to the GPO having to run
through and check against Group Membership or process. I'm looking for any
ideas on whether this is the "only" arrangement for making this happen, or
I'm missing something that might be a possibility.

Thanks in advance.

-Steve
--
Steven L. Dunn