From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of CHIANESE, DAVID
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:12 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] AD Sites and Services Question regarding share point servers

This question is regarding objects in AD sites and services.  I see 2 objects in a site that are not domain controllers.  The objects are share point servers and each has an object in the built in computers container.  The only item under these objects (right pane) is NAME="MSMQ Settings"  TYPE="MSMQ Settings" Name & Type being the headers in the right pane.  I have been searching for related articles involving share point and servers showing as domain controller objects in sites and services and even MSMQ searches but have come up empty handed.  I would like to believe these share point servers were originally set up as DC's and then demoted, but I cannot find proof of them ever being DC's (replmon, show retired partners).  They do not have any NTDS Settings and do not show up in NTDSutil either.

I am hesitant to delete the objects from sites and services as I do not know how they were originally populated there and if there is a reason for them to be there.  Does anyone know or has anyone else seen a similar situation?  If so please steer me in the right direction. TIA!

General Info:

AD 2000 Forest
Single Domain
Native 2000 AD, SP4