I don't understand why you want to use a child domain in the factory location?
Can you tell us the reason(s). In my opinion there is no need for that.
Remember what I said "for redundancy purposes you at least need 2 DCs for each
domain" For the scenario you want to implement (2 domains) you at least need 4
DCs to service about 60 users. For your environment 2 DCs would be enough when
also thinking about hardware costs, maintenance, licenses, etc.

When talking about the scenario I explained earlier, 2 DCs total, 1 DC for each
location you could do the following

In the HQ location install the first DC by:
* Install Windows 2003 with SP1 on some hardware, install DNS, WINS and DHCP on
the DC (DC01)
* TCP/IP settings for DC01 (IPs are examples):
       * IP 70.0.1.1
       * Netmask 255.255.255.0
       * DNS preferred: 70.0.1.1, DNS alternate: 70.0.2.1 (the alternate DNS is
the other DC at the other location)
       * WINS primary: 70.0.1.1, don't configure a secondary!
* In DNS configure the following zones (again examples as the names are!):
       * MYDOMAIN.LOCAL (primary and allow dynamic updates)
       * _MSDCS.MYDOMAIN.LOCAL (primary and allow dynamic updates)
* DCPROMO DC01 to a DC (DNS NAME domain = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL, NetBIOS name =
MYDOMAIN) (new forest, new domain, first DC)
* After reboot configure the zones as follows:
       * MYDOMAIN.LOCAL (AD-integrated, replication scope = DNS in domain,
allow SECURE dynamic updates)
       * _MSDCS.MYDOMAIN.LOCAL (AD-integrated, replication scope = DNS in
forest, allow SECURE dynamic updates)
* Authorize DC01 as DCHP server
* Configure DDNS credentials on DC01
* Configure the DHCP scope on DC01 for the clients in HQ location by creating a
scope with ALL available IP addresses (example)
      * DHCP scope = HQ location
      * range 70.0.1.101 - 70.0.1.150
      * Exclude 70.0.1.141 - 70.0.1.150 (=20%)
      * Netmask 255.255.255.0
      * Default gateway = 70.0.1.254
      * Domain name = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
      * Default lease period = 8 days
      * DNS = 70.0.1.1 & 70.0.2.1
      * WINS = 70.0.1.1 & 70.0.2.1
* Configure the DHCP scope on DC01 for the clients in FACTORY location by
creating a scope with ALL available IP addresses (example)
      * DHCP scope = FACTORY location
      * range 70.0.2.101 - 70.0.2.150
      * Exclude 70.0.1.101 - 70.0.1.140 (=80%)
      * Netmask 255.255.255.0
      * Default gateway = 70.0.2.254
      * Domain name = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
      * Default lease period = 8 days
      * DNS = 70.0.2.1 & 70.0.1.1
      * WINS = 70.0.2.1 & 70.0.1.1

In the FACTORY location install the first DC by:
* Install Windows 2003 with SP1 on some hardware, install DNS, WINS and DHCP on
the DC (DC01) (same forest, additional DC for existing domain)
* TCP/IP settings for DC02 (IPs are examples):
       * IP 70.0.2.1
       * Netmask 255.255.255.0
       * DNS preferred: 70.0.2.1, DNS alternate: 70.0.1.1 (the alternate DNS is
the other DC at the other location)
       * WINS primary: 70.0.2.1, don't configure a secondary!
* DCPROMO DC02 to a DC (DNS NAME domain = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL, NetBIOS name =
MYDOMAIN)
* Authorize DC02 as DCHP server
* Configure DDNS credentials on DC02
* Configure the DHCP scope on DC02 for the clients in HQ location by creating a
scope with ALL available IP addresses (example)
      * DHCP scope = HQ location
      * range 70.0.1.101 - 70.0.1.150
      * Exclude 70.0.1.101 - 70.0.1.140 (=80%)
      * Netmask 255.255.255.0
      * Default gateway = 70.0.1.254
      * Domain name = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
      * Default lease period = 8 days
      * DNS = 70.0.1.1 & 70.0.2.1
      * WINS = 70.0.1.1 & 70.0.2.1
* Configure the DHCP scope on DC02 for the clients in FACTORY location by
creating a scope with ALL available IP addresses (example)
      * DHCP scope = FACTORY location
      * range 70.0.2.101 - 70.0.2.150
      * Exclude 70.0.1.141 - 70.0.1.150 (=20%)
      * Netmask 255.255.255.0
      * Default gateway = 70.0.2.254
      * Domain name = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
      * Default lease period = 8 days
      * DNS = 70.0.2.1 & 70.0.1.1
      * WINS = 70.0.2.1 & 70.0.1.1

On the router at the HQ location configure the DHCP relay option (or IP helper)
to point at DC02 (70.0.2.1) and if possible configure a delay
On the router at the FACTORY location configure the DHCP relay option (or IP
helper) to point at DC01 (70.0.1.1) and if possible configure a delay

On DC01 configure for WINS, DC02 as push/pull replication partner with the
default values
On DC02 configure for WINS, DC01 as push/pull replication partner with the
default values

I think not, but I may have forgotten something.

Well you can do a network trace to see the traffic between a client and a DC.
Free network tracers are available like Etherreal, Packetyzer.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Jorge