Logon as an administrator and take ownership of the drive. Then grant adequate permissions again.

Reinstalling Windows will obviously fix it, but is a drastic measure.

To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:43 PM
Subject: [ActiveDir] security problem

Hello,

I have done a mistake now need an advice. on my computer which i have windows 2000 server. I have unchecked the security of my C drive . the security for everybody was full control and I unchecked it so when it was applied I did not
have access to C drive. and then I shot down the computer then I could not
restart it. now does installation of windows 2000 server again solves the
problem or not?

any advice or recommedation is appriciated.
Thanks in advance
roseta