-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Bradley, CPA
aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 8:54 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Knowing when users were deleted.

Yup information overload 'is' a problem.

And then after the scale its... okay what the heck is the server trying to
tell me?

I'm still a fan of www.eventid.net over microsoft.com's click here.

Rick Kingslan wrote:

>And, as you know that does work well in SBSland.  However, when the
>scale grows, so do the requirements.  IN the Medium to Enterprise
>space, the idea is more along the lines of a system or series of
>systems pumping this type of information into paging and making
>intelligent decisions based on the audit, event, alerts, services, etc.
>
>Which, is right where MOM 2005 drops into the picture.  If it _IS_ the
>event aggregator, or if it's pushing up to a bigger overall item such
>as HP OpenView - that data is available.  It's just that instead of
>getting an e-mail per server (most admins would just begin to create a
>rule to send these to DEV/NUL after a while...) MOM collects, enforces
>and reports this same type of information.
>
>Scale makes the problem much tougher, as I'm sure you can imagine....
>
>Rick [msft]
>--
>Posting is provided "AS IS", and confers no rights or warranties ...

Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days?
http://www.threatcode.com