-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ulf B.
Simon-Weidner
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 3:14 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Global Catalog

|So why don't you agree with the "general - forest is the
|security boundary - statement"?

Cause IMHO the domain is a security boundary against accidential
security
issues, the forest against malicious/criminal.

Companies usually trust their admins of different domains but might want
protect them against accidential mistakes or gaining rights easily. A
different domain would be sufficient then. However if you want to
protect
yourself against admins with criminal energy (and I consider
manipulating
SID-History on purpose as criminal energy) the forest is the security
boundary.

So I agree a plain vanilla statement "the domain is the security
boundary"
is wrong, however I don't like the same plain vanilla statement of the
forest - should be more clearly pointed out if we are talking about
criminal
intentions or accidential intentions (which includes let's try quickly
if we
are able to ... - does not include hacking).

Ulf