Mike Williams wrote:
We just installed a server offsite. It is connected by VPN through a PIX 525 and a PIX 501. After installing it, it was decided that it needs to be a domain controller. Ran dcpromo on it and there were no errors reported. The problem I have with it now is that it seems to be replicating in one direction only. All DC's running 2000 server.

(...)

DC01 - Main domain controller at main office
DC02 - Secondary domain controller at main office
DC03 - New domain controller at offsite location, VPN connection
Thanks in advance

Which DNS service were You pointed when You dcpromed DC3? Does all DCs have correct DC3 information in DNS server they are using?

If you want to be sure that You are free from DNS issues try to set DC3 to the same DNS server which is used by DC1 and DC2 and restart netlogon service on DC3 to re register DC records.

Do You have objects corresponding to DC3 in NTDS settings on DC3 and DC1\DC2? If not try to create connection in opposite direction from DC2 or DC1 to DC3.

--
Tomasz Onyszko
http://www.w2k.pl