Hmmm.  I guess I see this in a different light.  In my "new, improved" view
of the way that Microsoft communicates things, no - it doesn't seem to be
very dumb at all.  The statement and the KB, that is.

At this moment, I'm watching George Carlin's new HBO special.  He relates
that he's always interested when it's flood season in the Midwest.  The same
people that got flooded out last year get flooded out this year, repaint,
re-carpet and move back in.

Next season - it will be the same thing.  They just won't understand that if
they live on the flood plain, you can't complain that Grandma is floating
down the river with a canary on her head.

That's why we say things like:

"A volume is full or almost full." your NTFS just MIGHT have problems.

Because there are just those same folks on the Midwest flood plain that will
call PSS really upset that their full or almost full NTFS drive has a
problem.

I'm not saying that the people that call are stupid.  I am saying that most
Insurance policies and contracts, as well as EULAs - have a ton of words and
verbiage that only the well trained lawyer can understand because folks are
just.... well, litigious.  And, you have to address the obvious because in
segments of the population - the obvious - isn't.

Rick [msft]
--
Posting is provided "AS IS", and confers no rights or warranties ...