-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Kingslan
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 9:06 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] FYI: MS-KBQ909360 - Potential file corruption on
NTFS volumes

Ken, I agree completely.

What I find very interesting in reading this KB is that it appears that the
problem did NOT exist pre-Windows Server 2003 SP1, and that a series of very
specific conditions need to be met.  The third seems to be the element that
makes this more unlikely to occur - "The scenario involves approximately
1000 simultaneous delete, create, or extend operations on files".

What I find most interesting about this KB, and kudos to our stress team -
is it seems that we discovered this internally and that no scale of customer
impact seems to have occurred.  (I don't know this for fact to be true - I
just suspect it to be so because some of the Lists that I monitor internally
haven't notified us of a large scale impact.)

Rick [msft]
--
Posting is provided "AS IS", and confers no rights or warranties ...