-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ASB
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 7:13 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Hardware Suggestions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't have a problem with SATA (an upgrade from PATA) if used as designed.
It's designed for desktop storage.  Not that it can't be adjusted to
server/enterprise, but it's price point and architecture are intended for
desktops (i.e. cheap but not as reliable as a shared resource).

Depends on the size of the "enterprise"

SATA has its place in the server segments of smaller orgs for sure.
It's not too long ago that Windows and Intel processors were considered "not
designed for the enterprise"...

-ASB
 FAST, CHEAP, SECURE: Pick Any TWO
 http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/