RIDs are is requested and distributed in blocks of 500 RIDs. Each DC has at
least one block (RidpreviousAllocationpool). When that block has been exhausted
for 50% of its RIDs, the DC will ask a new block and store that in the
attribute called Ridallocationpool. When that block (RidpreviousAllocationpool)
is empty (exhausted for 100%) the block stored in Ridallocationpool attribute
will be moved to the RidpreviousAllocationpool attribute and at that moment the
RidAllocationpool attribute will be empty. It will we used again when the
RidpreviousAllocationpool has been exhausted for 50%.

Try:
DCDIAG /TEST:RIDMANAGER /V

This will show amongst other info:
* The available RID pool for the domain
* Who is the Rid master
* If a bind with the Rid master is successful
* Ridallocationpool (= the second pool of RIDs a DC has. A DC gets a second
pool when the first pool has passed 50%)
* RidpreviousAllocationpool (=the first pool used by the DC)
* RidNextRid (= the last used RID from the first pool)(and not the next rid to
be used as it looks like)

Does this answer your question?

Cheers,
jorge