From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Dan Holme
Sent: Tue 12/13/2005 4:56 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Going Native in root domain

Make sure you know your environment, particularly anything that uses AD
to AUTHENTICATE.  For example, a while back there was a VERY popular NAS
device that "broke" when you went Native in AD: it had issues with
Kerberos authentication.  (BTW: no, I'm not going to mention it by name
b/c I haven't had coffee yet and don't remember AND I would hope they
fixed it by now)  Just make sure that anything that authenticates is
going to be OK with your new functional level.  Check non-MS OS's and
hardware and apps.

That "caution" aside, you shouldn't run into too many problems, and
assuming your "root" is basically empty the odds of you running into
problems are low.  Just research and test first, as any consultant is
bound to say!

Dan