From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 12/20/2005 8:53 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] FFL 2003 is one-size-fit-all?

I don't remember reading this in any of the materials I've seen to date. Is
it true that after flipping the Forest Functional Level to Windows 2003, any
subsequent domain added to the Forest after the flip will default to DFL
2003? This appears to be the case in my tests, and I am wondering if I am
doing something wrong.

If this is correct, does anyone have any material discussing this behavior -
or know why this is so? Of course, I am aware of the requirements to "get to"
FFL 2003. I am just looking for a discussion/documentation of the restriction
(if any) of introducing new domains into that environment.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE+M MCSA+M MCT
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services