what you could do is:

* make sure only the main central hub registers domain wide and site wide DC
locator records
* make sure regional hubs only register site wide DC locator records and NOT
domain wide DC locator records
* make sure remote offices only register site wide DC locator records and NOT
domain wide DC locator records
* Leave the priority of the central hub DCs as is
* Configure a higher priority value for regional hub DCs
* Leave the priority of the remote site DCs as is
* Configure regional hub DCs to additionally cover the corresponding lower
remote sites

This way:
* If regional hub DCs fail clients/servers go to the main central hub when
these query for DCs in the domain
* If remote site DCs fail clients/servers will first go to the corresponding
upper regional hub as these also cover the remote site and second these will go
to the main central hub when these query for DCs in the domain

This configuration could be realized using GPOs with group filtering or SUB OUs
below to the Domain Controllers OU (one OU with DCs, all remote sites, that do
not register domain wide DC locator records AND one OU per regional hub with
DCs that do not register domain wide DC locator records, have a highher
priority for the SRV RR and additionally cover the lower remote site) or site
GPOs using WMI filtering or a combination of the what is mentioned

Cheers,
Jorge