From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ASB
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 2:43 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] WinXP and Win2003

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hehe….  Let me know how that full-out testing of Vista and Aero Glass
is going for you in a VPC or a VMWare virtual machine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's what dedicated systems are for.  :)

Sure, a VM is not the best option here, depending on what aspect of
the OS is being tested, but in that case, using a totally separate
hard drive or some other separation technology will still likely prove
to be more viable than dual-booting.

-ASB
 FAST, CHEAP, SECURE: Pick Any TWO
 http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/

On 1/1/06, Rick Kingslan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hehe….  Let me know how that full-out testing of Vista and Aero Glass is
> going for you in a VPC or a VMWare virtual machine.
>

> I agree, dual-booting is not the optimal method to running different OS's,
> but if you want the OS to have the full machine, rather than the limited
> virtualized hardware that the VMs are allowed – I think dual booting still
> has a very strong place in the testing / learning environment.
>

> And, make no mistake – this is coming from a guy that when on the road, has
> a 250GB external with nothing BUT VMs with VPC and VS 2005 R2 on his laptop.
>  I love virtualization….  It's just not the right thing for all situations.
>

> Rick

.Š†ÿÁŠŠƒ²§²B§Ã¶v®Š§²rz§ÃŠryýŠŠ™i½®

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx