From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Rocky Habeeb
Sent: Tue 2006-01-03 16:05
To: activedir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Updating client DHCP settings in Windows NT

Dear List,

I'm having trouble getting Windows NT 4.0 (SP6a) clients who get DNS data
including WINS server addresses to pick up new WINS servers through my DHCP
settings on my W2K3 (FFL) DHCP.  I had an error in the DHCP address of one
of the WINS servers and I have corrected it on both of my W2K3 DHCP servers,
but the clients won't pick it up.  I can't find a doc at MS that tells me
specifically how to get clients to re-read DNS data.  Nor can I find any
reference in my no less than ten  @#$%^&* Windows NT Workstation reference
manuals!

net stop dhcp && net start dhcp, ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew
doesn't do it.  Neither does any nbtstat command.  Rebooting also fails to
reset the wins server addresses.

Would anyone have a reference I can look at to get Windows NT 4.0 clients to
refresh their WINS entries through DHCP?

Thanks in advance.

RH

Rocky Habeeb
Microsoft Systems Administrator