From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Frank Abagnale
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 16:07
To: Active
Subject: [ActiveDir] AD Test Environment

Hi,
Single W2k3 Forest/domain
I am planning on building an exact like for like test environment.
My initial thought is to add a DC to the domain and then pull this off, do a metadata cleanup in live to remove any traces of this DC.
I would like some advice on what steps I will need to take in order to use this DC in the Test Environment.
Would I need to do anything with the legacy DC's which are no longer available in AD, do I need to clean these up? I assume I will need to seize the FSMO's....
I use AD Integrated DNS so this is covered, WINS is not too much of a problem. I also need to think about Exchange & SUS updates...
Any experience of this would be great....
thanks
Frank