-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Grillenmeier,
Guido
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:44 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Migrate domain to separate forest

> Because they want to have their out-of-office replies go to the
internet

hmm - that puts a whole new meaning to the requirements of a different
forest. So just to get OOO replies configured the way they want, they're
giving up being managed in the same forest and being in the same
Exchange Org, having the same GAL as the rest as the company (or
requiring extra mechanism to sync the users/contacts), or being able to
easily share calendar data, simplifying resource sharing between any
part of the company or allowing easy transition of users between other
parts of the organiation.

way to go.  I certainly know of other reasons to create a separate
forest, but I hadn't considered OOO configurations to be one of them :-)

/Guido