-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Figueroa,
Johnny
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:33 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] DC II

We are in the process of coming up with a 2nd Data Center for DR. I am
working on the AD part of it and I am trying to find out what the
process is for finding a DC in DC II of DC I is down.

I looked at some of the Domain Locator articles and it talks about how a
client finds a DC and what happens if the DC that it contacts is not in
its site, etc, etc. What I don't see is what happens if the DC I site is
down?... How could it find DC II, is that all part of the site cost?. It
has been a while and I am confused, is Site Costs used to find DCs or
just for replication?

Any articles or explanations are appreciated.

Thanks

Johnny Figueroa
Enterprise Network Consultant/Integrator
Network Services Banner Health Voice (602)
495-4195 Fax (602) 495-4406

WARNING: This message, and any attachments, are intended only for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or employee/agent responsible for delivering the message to
distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you receive this communication in error, please notify us immediately