Hey list,

Do you guys/gals know whether it is true that R2 disk 1 is the same as Windows
2003 SP1?  I loaded the first disk and it loads exactly and looks exactly like
Windows 2003 SP1, except when the license agreement screen comes up, it lists
the OS as 2003 R2.  In the R2 FAQ page on the Microsoft site, it says that you
do not need to upgrade your 2003 servers to R2, you need to only upgrade them
to SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/R2/R2FAQ.mspx.  Is there not
a distinct difference in the Kernel of R2 and the Kernel of 2003 SP1?  If not,
then for the 2003 servers that I already have online, they need only SP1 to be
up to standards.  R2 Disk 2 seems like the NT4 Option Pack, not another OS
release or kernel, but another set of features on a separate disk.  Correct me
if I am wrong.

Nathaniel Bahta
GD-NS