Well, I'm not an HP employee but...
AFAIK sensors data such as temperature or fan speeds are not collected by
Data Collect jobs so they are not in SIM database. You can check that by
querying CIM_Sensors table in your Insight_XXXX SQL database. Additional
information on this topic can also be found on HP ITRC forum. Try this
search:
http://www5.itrc.hp.com/service/james/search.do?todo=search&searchtext=insig
ht+manager+temperature&from=forums&origin=0&wpa=forums1.itrc.hp.com%3A80&sea
rchcategory=ALL&hpl=1&searchcriteria=allwords&rn=25&source=7000&presort=rank
&chkServStor=on&esc=support.itrc.hp.com&admit=552267591+1140186464652+283534
75

As far as reporting is concerned, can't say about previous versions but in
SIM 5.0 reports are quite customizable. You can have for example a report on
sensors for several servers. You will not have actual temps or rpms in this
report though, just a status.

--Al

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx