Al,

I apologize,  as I am going only on what little information I have.  I guess I
was trying to do some pre-meeting recon work since I had seen it metioned here
about 25mil internet users for some people.  I had assumed there might be some
scenario documentation for such a thing.

I will know more after the meeting of course, so I'll see if I can explain
myself better.

I understand directory design for an enterprise, but have never done so for a
internet instance that would have self registration.  I suspect there are some
different lessons learned from that scenario so was curious.

Thanks,

Jef

> Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:31:33 -0400> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org> Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Internet
> Authentication Concepts: Pointers?> > That's not a lot to go on, Jef.  Can
> you give some more information?> > For example, these public internet sites?
> Are they web only? What type> of authentication is needed? What were your
> plans for authorization?> Are you planning to use something like SiteMinder
> or Tivoli or ?? to> help you deal with authorization if using web sites?> >
> Al> > On 4/26/06, Jef Kazimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> >> >> > Ok, here is
> something I'm just starting to research, and I thought maybe> > someone here
> has some pointers or a direction they can steer me in.> >> >> >> > We are
> looking at a potential consolidated directory/database to contain> > user
> registrations (Self registration and possible bulk load) for multiple> >
> public internet sites for products of our company.> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > I
> was wondering if there are any published scenarios that address this> >
> solution as
a starting point for consideration.  We are thinking of using a> > public AD
forest as the potential repository, but I am curious if there are> > any
lessons learned when designed such a scenario.> >> >> >> > Thanks,> >> >> >> >