I would make the manager that wants the DL maintain it.

First, make sure that there is a written policy (approved by a higher management level) that specifies that the manager is responsible for updates. Then after you create each DL, set the “Managed By” attribute to be the appropriate manager and give them permission to make changes to it.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ramon Linan
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:26 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Distribution list Maintenance. Policy dilemma

 Hi,

I have Department managers asking me to create DL in exchange of people who don’t work in the company…

There is not technical problem to do that, but I am finding out, that the previous guy was doing that via contacts in AD. The problem is that in this business, a consultant will work one day for you and next to your competitor.

My question is, what is the common practice in terms DL. Does anyone know a good way of maintaining them? Most of the time, I don’t get notified when we no longer work with a consultant.

How do you guys deal with DL maintenance? .Any suggestion?