From: "Tony Murray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] ADAM bind Redirection with a NULL password

Yes, I can see that Windows SASL binds might not be universally available ;-)

Thinking about it, another problem with the SASL binds is that presumably the ADAM instance must be running on a server that is a member of the authenticating AD domain (or at least one that has a trust back to the authenticating domain). This would limit it's usefulness in extranet scenarios because of the ports that would have to be opened between ADAM and AD (assuming they are on opposite sides of a firewall).

Tony