Microsoft’s Software Protection Platform: Protecting Software and Customers from Counterfeiters: The company announces innovative technology in Windows Vista and Windows Server “Longhorn” to reduce the risk of piracy and software tampering while improving software licensing.:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2006/oct06/10-04SoftwareProtection.mspx

Windows Genuine Advantage : New technology to protect Windows Vista and other products:
http://blogs.msdn.com/wga/archive/2006/10/04/New-technology-to-protect-Windows-Vista-and-other-products.aspx

Whitepaper
http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/2/9/c2935f83-1a10-4e4a-a137-c1db829637f5/10-03-06SoftwareProtectionWP.doc

As long as it works and works well, and when it's updated it gets disclosed so that tinfoil folks won't be shutting off auto updates because that's what's happening now.

Brian Desmond wrote:

*I read through the docs on this vl activation and it’s not as bad as it sounds. They’re really just trying to protect the keys.*

* *

*Thanks,*

*Brian Desmond*

[EMAIL PROTECTED]