I wonder if you realize that what you posted was incorrect:

1 (-1+1) (-1+1) ...

turns into:

1*0*0*0....

So in the end 0 = 0

:)

Very good altho dividing by zero (last step) is not permitted and (as
per the below) causes an issue if permitted.

How about this:

Re-write left hand side by moving brackets one place to the right:

Or simplified:
1 + 0 + 0 + ... = 1

So 1 = 0 !

neil
PS Glad to see I managed to get the list talking about stuff other than
IT/Windows/AD/Exch/Jet/ESE...