From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thommes, Michael
M.
Sent: Donnerstag, 25. Januar 2007 04:19
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] moving server local groups to AD?

(I sure hope this doesn't sound like too dumb a question!)  We have a server
where local security groups were created for local file access.  The files on
this server are going to be moved to a file server cluster.  Can ADMT v3
migrate these security groups up to the AD structure with the hopes of
retaining SIDHistory and therefore access to the moved files?

If ADMT wouldn't work, does anyone have suggestions for this operation?  As
always, any help is appreciated!

Mike Thommes