From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Brian Cline
Sent: Fri 2007-01-26 22:19
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Overlapping AD Subnet Boundaries

Say I create an AD subnet of 10.10.0.0/16 and assign it to our primary site,
and another subnet as 10.10.41.0/24 and assign it to a secondary site. Will AD
treat a client address of, say, 10.10.41.104 as a client on the secondary site,
or will it default to the more general primary subnet? The reason I ask is we
now have a need for a second AD site (I can see all the enterprise folks
grinning now) and we have quite a number of other subnets that I'd have to
manually enter if this is not the case. I don't mind doing it, but I was
curious either way.

Brian Cline, Applications Developer
Department of Information Technology
G&P Trucking Company, Inc.