On Mon, 27 Feb 2012, Brian Raven wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2012, Phillip Richcreek wrote:
> > I'm wondering whether it's more effective to post here than at the
> > ActiveState Forum or vice versa? I assume it's considered bad form
> > to post the same question in both places?
>
> I may be missing something, but it's not clear what you mean. I would
> describe this mailing list as an activestate forum. To what other
> forum are you referring?

I believe Phillip was referring to the community forums:

    http://community.activestate.com/forum/

> As long as your question was on topic for both fora, and one was not a
> mirror of the other, I wouldn't expect that posting to both would be a
> problem.

I agree, posting to both should be fine. Personally, I only scan the
mailing list, but never go to the web forums unless explicitly asked to
do so. There are probably people with exactly the opposite preferences.

Cheers,
-Jan