From: activeperl-boun...@listserv.activestate.com
[mailto:activeperl-boun...@listserv.activestate.com] On Behalf Of Francisco
Zarabozo
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 3:45 PM
To: Active State Perl Mailing List
Subject: Active Perl Licensing question

Hello All,

I was looking today at the differencies between the Community and Business
editions. One thing that really came to my attention is the following point:

For community edition: License to use on non-production and internal servers

For Business Edition: License to use on external-facing servers

I’m trying to fully understand that part. Suppose I have the following setup:

1) Dedicated server with iWeb (serving on public IP addresses)

2) Windows Server 2008 R2 as operating system

3) Apache as web server

4) Active Perl Community Edition as my Perl installation

5) A public website (let’s say an online store) which uses CGI/Perl or mod_perl
to run, hosted with Apache

Would I be effectively breaking the license agreement?

Best regards,

Francisco Zarabozo