http://bugs.activestate.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: activeperl-boun...@listserv.activestate.com
[mailto:activeperl-boun...@listserv.activestate.com] On Behalf Of Philip
Prindeville
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 8:20 PM
To: $Bill Luebkert
Cc: activeperl@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: Re: Issues w/ POSIX's strftime() ?

On 9/14/12 9:31 PM, $Bill Luebkert wrote:
> On 9/14/2012 18:12, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>> I tried to use strftime() with '%T' and it fails... but works when I use
>> '%H:%M:%S' instead. Is this a known issue?
> I thought I reported that years ago - you have to use %H:%M:%S
> instead until someone fixes it.

POSIX seems to be part of Perl core... I looked on CPAN for an RT queue for
bugs but there wasn't one.

How does one go about reporting a bug?

>> Also, '%Z' is supposed to give the time zone name or abbreviation, but '%z'
>> is supposed to give the time zone offset as +/-hhmm.
>>
>> However, I just tried, and '%z' and '%Z' yield identical results.
> Same here (see below).
>
>> I'm thinking that under Win32, %Z (and %z) should be formatted via:
>>
>> TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION tzinfo;
>> DWORD ret = GetTimeZoneInformation(&tzinfo);
>>
>> if (ret == 2) {
>>    strcpy(tzName, tzinfo.DaylightName);
>> } else {
>>    strcpy(tzName, tzinfo.StandardName);
>> }
>>
>> sprintf(tzOffset, "%c%02d%02d", (tzinfo.Bias < 0 ? '-' : '+'),
>> abs(tzinfo.Bias) / 60, abs(tzinfo.Bias) % 60);
>>
>> What am I missing?
> It's supposed to follow ANSI C standard (C89).
> I think %z is 'Single UNIX' only - rather than ANSI C89.

Well, the number of Internet applications that require an RFC-2822 formatted
Date or timestamp is significant. Whether it's in the standard or not, the need
to support it merits exceeding the narrow requirements of the spec.

-Philip

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT. This email and any attachment is for the sole use of
the intended recipient and may contain private, confidential and/or privileged
information that may be subject to Hospira internal policies. If you are not
the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
Hospira immediately by return email or by email to
privacypostmas...@hospira.com and delete the message and all copies and
attachments from your system.